For guarenteed placement, consider underwriting with KDDL. This is an affordable and effective option for nonprofits and businesses.Call 283-8433 for more information.
How does the KDLL Community Calendar work? It is the purpose of KDLL to inform, educate and entertain the listening public. It is not our intent to promote any particular business, product, service, political view, candidate, or philosophy to our listeners.
Community Calendar is a service to inform members of the community of events sponsored by non-profit organizations, community groups or government agencies. No solicitations or calls to action will be permitted. Notice of the event should be submitted to KDLL by fax, email or letter prior to the event. They will be aired in a manner allowing those events happening soonest to be aired first during each Community Calendar broadcast, subject to exceptions imposed by the KDLL programming department.
- Nonprofit or “community minded” event announcements that briefly list who, what, where, when and generic ticket availability (no list of business outlets).
- Nonprofit events at for-profit venue only if the nonprofit receives all proceeds from the event.
- Nonprofit events sponsored by for-profit only if all proceeds go to nonprofit.
- Co-sponsorship – only if promotions clearly identify nonprofit as sponsor and checks/$ are made out to nonprofit (no mention of donations or vendor booth costs).
- Peace rallies, political events and candidates as long as no money is involved.
- Youth/educational groups (4-H, BoyScouts, public school events, etc.)
- Benefits for those suffering from illness, fire or other disaster.
- Yard sales organized by nonprofit or disaster victims.
- Religious events outside of regular services and events (guest speakers, concerts, etc.)
- “Other events of a nonprofit or community minded nature” may be allowed pending review by the KDLL program department.
- For-profit “First” gallery openings and announcements.
- Un-sponsored for-profit events/performances at nonprofit venues.
- Concert or movie “benefits” hosted by for-profit where only a portion of the proceeds go to the nonprofit.
- Fundraisers for individuals to attend rallies, conferences, school or pay for expenses to attend event.
- Political candidate/event fundraisers.
- Fundraisers for private schools/educational organizations.
- No selling or promotion of books, movies, toys, food, etc.
- Raffles, lotteries, or any game, contest, or promotion that contains the elements of prize or chance.